Sunday stack :: Lifeline Bookfair Haul

February 11, 2018

The Lifeline Bookfair comes to Canberra three times a year, and I try to go along to at least two of the three - I mean, tables and tables of secondhad books for sale and proceeds to charity? What's not to love?


The Bookfair runs for the whole weekend, and if you go along on the Sunday afternoon you can take advantage of the 'bag sale' - where you pay $20 for as many books as you can fit in a standard supermarket bag.

I split a bag with my partner and here's what we had in there today:


Because there are so many books, and because they are only organised into broad categories, it isn't always possible to find specific books so I always like to go in with a rough plan instead - this year I was after #loveOzYA books, as well as books by Daphne du Maurier, Louise Penny, and Sarah Waters.

And I think I did pretty well! Two du Mauriers, and YA books by a bunch of Aussie authors including Jaclyn Moriarty, Melina Marchetta, Randa Abdel-Fattah, Ellie Marney and more! Its a bit hard to see here, but I also snagged a near new condition copy of Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed, which I have been keeping an eye out for in bookstores for ages!

I'll share a bit more about these as they  come up in my TBR list - they should keep busy for a while  =)

Xo Bron

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe