Monday catch up

May 15, 2017

Lots of stuff happening today, so I thought I'd do a catch up post covering a bunch of bits and pieces...


Made it Monday!
Along with books and reading, craft is my absolute favourite. So when I came across Made It Monday on Amy Laurens' blog I was excited to join in. These little blossoms I've been working on for a couple of months now, slowly in front of the tv. They are handstiched and once I have a whole lot more they will be sewn together into a quilt. The pieces for them are coming as a subscription from Tales of Cloth - you can find out more on their blog if you are interested.

 

Book Launch
So the reason I was hanging out on Amy's blog was because she has a new book coming out soon, and I'm going along to the launch with one of my bookish friends. Amy's book, Where Shadows Rise  is out in 24 May and sounds really cool! The launch is on 1 June at Harry Hartog in Woden - Canberra people might be interested in checking it out!

 

Sydney Writers' Festival
Another upcoming book event that I'm super excited about is the Sydney Writers' Festival  My friend and I are catching the bus from Canberra to Sydney very early in the morning and spending the day in Parramatta at the All Day YA event. It sounds like it is going to be amazing!

Bout of Books update 
I'm not quite sure where last week got to, but I can tell you I wasn't exactly the best Bout of Books participant! I would have liked to engage with the challenges and with the community a bit more, but I did manage to read two of the three books I was hoping to get to: Jelly Bean Summer (which I've reviewed here) and The Atomic Weight of Love (which I haven't reviewed yet, but I loved) 

Currently Reading
So, what am I reading right now? I've got two books on the go - a paperback (Goodwood by Holly Throsby - due back at the library this week!), and one on my kindle (Quinsey Wolfe's Glass Vault by Candace Robinson - which is out this week, and is really creepy fun so far).

And that's my bookish life right now!

Bron x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey, fellow Bout of Bookster! Don't worry you didn't do that 'well' in your terms, because it's just about celebrating reading, and you did that didn't you? No wonder you didn't participate as much as you wanted; you had too many other things going on! The quilted blossoms are gorgeous; I think I'll go and check out Make it Monday (haven't heard of it before).

    The All Day YA event at the Sydney Writers' Festival sounds great. So you're a writer as well? Me too! Currently in the long stage with agent negotiation which is quite a come-down after the excitement of finishing and then major editing...

    Jelly Bean Summer sounds intriguing, might check it out...

    Anyway, well done for a very busy productive week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those hexies! They're so pretty.

    I think the above comment sums everything else up perfectly. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe